“Penalteam” is a future Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Season 4 episode. “Penalteam” is the 24th written and produced episode of Season 4, according to the series’ production order. It’s also the series’ 102nd overall written and produced episode.
- Following “Antibug,” “Queen Wasp,” “Mayura,” “Miracle Queen,” “Queen Banana,” and two off-screen akumatizations into Antibug revealed in “Mr. Pigeon 72,” this is Chloé’s seventh akumatization.
- Unlike her past akumatizations, Chloé is transformed into a new villain Penalteam, rather than Antibug, Queen Wasp, Miracle Queen, or Queen Banana.
- Following “Dearest Family,” this is the second episode in which a Magical Charm is dissolved.
- In Penalteam, the word penalty has two meanings:
- One interpretation is that it refers to a penalty for breaching the law.
- Another term for a kick/shot provided to a side if the opposition team breaks the rules during a game.
- Because the episode is based on a soccer game played by Miss Bustier’s students, the title incorporates a game-related reference.
- Four new heroes will make their first appearances in a single episode, the most of any episode thus far.
- “Stormy Weather,” which introduced three Miraculous holders, held the previous record.
- This does not include the out-of-order publication of “Party Crasher,” which revealed three additional heroes.
- After “Sole Crusher,” this is the second time an akumatized villain uses their shoes as a weapon.
- After “Timebreaker,” “Frozer,” “Heroes’ Day,” and “Gang of Secrets,” this is the sixth time footwear has been used.
- With a total of 13 Miraculous holder allies recruited, this episode takes top spot for the most Miraculous holder allies recruited by Ladybug.
- This will also put “Miracle Queen” in first place for the most Miraculouses activated, with a total of 17, overtaking “Miracle Queen.”